Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Where to get the final document in the case of testate and intestate?

A layman may think that after a person dies, if he has made a will, the distribution of the testator's estate is automatic namely just open the will and distribute it. This is totally wrong!

The personal representative of the testator has to go through a legal process i.e. application for a final document in an institution. The institution where the personal representative may apply for a final document depends on various situations. It could be a High Court, a land office or Public Trust Corporation.

For further details, please visit http://www.banyan-consulting.org.